Monday, November 3, 2008

God Bless You Madelyn Dunham ...

Most people don't remember this, but Martin Luther King Jr. gave his "I've Been To the Mountaintop" speech the day before he was assassinated in 1968.

At this very sad moment, a few of the lines of that speech so very well summarize what I hope Madam Dunham thought on her last days on Earth:

"Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But
I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed
me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised
Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as
a people, will get to the promised land!

And so I'm happy, tonight.

I'm not worried about anything.

I'm not fearing any man!

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!!"

God bless you Madelyn Dunham, and may God welcome you with open arms this evening.

No comments: